PLAY WELLNESS LLC
Host Cancellation: Telehealth Certification Institute, LLC and Play Wellness LLC reserve the right to cancel a workshop due to inclement weather or instructor illness/emergency. When applicable, participants will be notified via email prior to the date of the canceled workshop. Participants will be emailed information regarding the rescheduled date within ten business days of the canceled workshop.
Play Wellness LLC is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with the Association for Play Therapy’s Best Practices, the National Board of Certified Counselors’ Code of Ethics, and the Association of Social Work Boards’ policies. Play Wellness LLC will comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities to be non-discriminatory in promotional activities, in program content, and in the treatment of program participants. The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be the responsibility of the Education Chair in consultation with the members of the advisory group.
While Play Wellness LLC goes to great lengths to assure fair treatment for all participants and attempts to anticipate problems, there will be occasional issues which come to the attention of the training staff which require intervention and/or action on the part of the training staff or an officer of Play Wellness LLC. This procedural description serves as a guideline for handling such grievances.
- When a participant, either orally or in written format, files a grievance and expects action on the complaint, the following actions will be taken.
- If the grievance concerns a speaker, the content presented by the speaker, or the style of presentation, the individual filing the grievance will be asked to put his/her comments in written format. The CE Chair will then pass on the comments to the speaker, assuring the confidentiality of the grieved individual.
- If the complaint or grievance concerns a workshop offering, its content, level of presentation, the facilities in which the workshop was offered, non-receipt of certificates, or any other occurrence:
- Complaints and grievances will be discussed.
- Fair procedures will be provided, and the participant will have the opportunity to support her/his allegations by arguments.
- The advisory group, consisting of a CE chair, professional counselor, social worker, marriage and family therapist, and psychiatrist, will be involved in all grievance resolutions.
- Decisions will be made democratically.
- A response will be provided in writing.
- If the participant requests action, the convention chair will:
- attempt to move the participant to another workshop or
- provide a credit for another workshop or
- provide a partial or full refund of the workshop fee.
Complaints and grievances will require a written note, documenting the grievance, for record keeping purposes. The note need not be signed by the grieved individual.
The current CE Chair is Yolanda Fountain, Ph.D., LPC, RPT-S, ACS, NCC
555 Sun Valley Drive, Suite L3, Roswell, GA 30076
Phone: (678) 395-4965